1Know if your posture makes your breasts look larger today, or not. Do the mirror test. Looking in the mirror sideways, see if you can draw a straight line from your earlobe through your shoulder, hip, knee, to the middle of your ankle. If you can draw this line, your posture will make your breasts look bigger and perkier, as well as making you look slimmer and taller.
2Practice having good posture. This is by far the least expensive and fastest way to make your breasts look bigger. Do the mirror exercise several times a day to correct your posture. It is more important to build “muscle memory” so that you unconsciously and naturally maintain correct posture without fatigue.
3Build up your upper pectoral muscles (working out lower pecs will actually decrease your bust size). Increasing the bulk of the muscles beneath your breasts will make them appear firmer and more rounded. Regular push-ups are one way to achieve this; build up slowly until you can manage to drop and do 15 push-ups all at once. There are also many weight training exercises you can do to build chest muscles.
4Focus on your waist. Slimming and shaping your core (the muscles around your waist and ribs) will make your breasts appear larger by comparison, without actually adding any breast tissue. Try yoga and pilates exercises that can help you burn calories while simultaneously strengthening your core muscles.
- Note that losing weight cannot make your breasts smaller. So, don’t worry about it.
Wearing Size Enhancing Bras
1Wear the right bra size. Sadly, most women wear incorrect bra sizes because they’ve never been appropriately measured. The right bra should sit snugly beneath your breasts and cup all of the tissue closely, as well as making it easier for you to stand up straight. Measure your bra size yourself, or go in for a free professional fitting at a department store. (Don’t feel shy about being professionally fitted––usually the ladies who do fittings are chosen for their warm and accepting demeanor. Remember, she’s probably seen it all.)
- A bra that is too big, will look lumpy.
- Ditto for stuffing tissue or other things into your bra. Don’t do it, it will look funny. If you want to put something into your bra, try one of the other methods below.
2Know how to put on a bra correctly. Once you’ve been properly sized, check that you’re putting on your bra in a way that will achieve maximum lift and comfort. Slip the straps over your arms, facing forward, so that the unhooked clasps are at your back. Bend over so that all of your breast tissue falls forward, and maneuver the bra over your breasts. Still bent over, reach back and clasp the bra. Adjust the band and straps as necessary.
3Wear bras that enhance your breasts. There are many options available, so the best way to work out what gives you your desired effect is to go and try lots of different types on. The following types of bras are the best for women wanting bigger breasts:
- Push-up bras are designed to push your breasts up (as the name implies), and move the breasts closer together, creating more cleavage. They push the breasts up using padding usually made of foam. The best known brand for making push-up bras is Wonderbra. However, most lingerie stores supply some variety of push-up bra.
- Padded bras, like push-up bras, contain foam padding in the cups. They are designed to give fuller-looking breasts to small-chested women, but don’t lift them or create extra cleavage.
- Gel, air or water padded bras are the same as padded bras but are designed to look and move more naturally, and to give a more noticeable enhancement. The only downside to these is that they often cost more money. Also, air padded bras often need the padding replaced as the air leaks out.
- Many women report good success from the Chicken Fillet silicone bra insert.
Wearing Clothes that Accentuate Your Size
1Wear clothes with a detailed neckline. Lace, ruffles and jewels, gathered material, pleats, ruching and twists are some examples of neckline details that enhance breast size appearance. These sorts of details provide a visual boost and help to make the breasts appear larger. When wearing ruffles, be careful that they are not so big that they overpower the size of your breasts; this risks going the other direction and making them look smaller!
- Stay away from low V or low scoop necklines, as give the appearance of shrinking the size of your breasts. Instead, wear moderately high, asymmetrical, crew or gathered necklines. These are the most flattering for women with smaller breasts as they enhance their shape and make them appear bigger.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing. Obviously, such clothing reveals all––what is and what is not there. Loose, roomy tops and layers are a better choice when you don’t want to draw attention to smaller breasts.
2Use patterns and colors to your advantage. Appropriate patterns and colors can help to change the way the proportions of your body look. Generally, light colors make something look larger, and dark colors make something look slimmer:
- If you’re wearing patterns or bright or light colors, then wear them on your torso, not your bottom half. Wear duller colors on your bottom half to help make your figure look more in proportion.
- Wear dark trousers and a top with horizontal stripes to make your hips appear narrower––your breasts will appear larger in comparison. The top should be in light colors.
3As a last resort, use makeup to create the impression of larger breasts. Put a darker shade of foundation than your usual shade where you want shading to go to give the impression of cleavage. However, this is not recommended for everyday use since it could smudge and look odd. But, for photos, or for a special occasion, it may be worth giving a go. Don’t rush it, you’ll feel uncomfortable if somebody realizes that you’ve painted your cleavage on.
1Live with the reality. Small breasts aren’t the burden they may seem to you. For starters, not everyone loves large breasts. Indeed, it’s an exaggeration that men only like women with large breasts––everyone has their own preference. Moreover, small breasts tend to hold up best over time, and gravity tends to be lot kinder to the small-breasted woman as you age; you’ll sag a lot less than your big-breasted sister. As long as you are healthy, try to be happy with your body.
2If you are a teen, your breasts may get larger naturally. It may seem like it will never happen, but it just might!
- There is many a teen girl who at 16 thinks her breasts will always be small, but finds out at 20 they are not. It just happens.
- You may find your breasts get larger and stay that way after pregnancy and breast feeding. It tends to be all over the map, some report breast sizes increase, some decrease, some decrease and then increase.